Tuesday, June 18, 2013

New yak and some exotic catches!!

After much debate and deliberation I decided to purchase a top of the line kayak in May. I chose the Jackson Kilroy with its amazing stability, awesome seat and removable front console. This kayak also has multiple bungees for storage and a dry storage hatch as well as a ram track system to carry multiple mounts setups. I added a crate to the rear with a wall rod holder mount to round out my rigging.


With this yak I am able to stand up and fish which helps on those long trips. Also with the front console removed I am able to have my son in the yak with me comfortably. This is the perfect kayak fishing yak out there in my opinion.



 Last week we were able to vacation in south Florida and yes the yak made the trip and I am so glad it did. I chose to fish Lake Ida near Boynton Beach Florida it offered a medium size lake with many entries to canals. 
This location was stacked with Largemouth bass and my largest fish was 20in and about 6lbs. Most all week I fished top water frog and buzz bait. 





This guy below is a Mayan Cichlid a non native fish from South America this thing has some teeth in a small mouth and fights hard.
And finally my trophy catch the Peacock Bass! This guy was sitting just off some submerged grass on a point I tossed a buzz bait near the edge and it got crushed these guys fight like crazy. As you can see in the video I was so pumped to land this beautiful fish. It was 17in and weighed about 3lbs.


Sadly I was only able to find one of these guys out there but I was able to catch 2 Mayans and about 50 Largemouth bass over the week. The fishing was only good early am and late afternoon about 6 hrs a day. I am already giddy for my next trip!





No comments:

Post a Comment